Monday, May 10, 2010

Stars - "Fixed" (album: The Five Ghosts)

I have seen Stars live.
They are coming back to my neck of the woods in June, but I waited too long and didn't buy myself a ticket before the show sold out. (Kind of upsetting given the fact I told a friend in Nashville about the Chicago show and she bought her ticket well ahead of me - maybe I should have taken my own advice.) Nonetheless, these guys are Mountie Rock certified - the band formed in Toronto and are intermingled with the band that made me create the "Mountie Rock" genre label: Broken Social Scene.

What made me hesitate on buying the concert ticket? Well, the band announced that their new tour would be a front to back playing of their upcoming album: The Five Ghosts. The two or three song encore would be pre-voted on by local fans. This new album drops June 22. The concert I wanted to see is June 9. If you have Stars in your top 5 bands (like my Nashville friend), it's an easy decision. Yours truly needed to hear more of the album.

The only song I've heard so far off the new album is "Fixed." It's probably important to mention that my Nashville friend has not seen them live - which further established her desire to see the upcoming show stronger than mine.

More music from them is available at the MySpace (www.myspace.com/stars) and official (www.youarestars.com) websites. Spoiler alert: this won't be the last time you see a Stars song posted here on Mountie Rock... I'm looking in your direction lead female vocal Amy Millan!

No comments:

Search This Blog