Saturday, May 8, 2010

Caribu - "Odessa" (album: Swim)

Friends and I were playing video games last night while listening to NPR's All Songs Considered Podcast. To be exact - we were listening to this episode, which featured the song "Odessa" by Caribu.

Just moments earlier, one of my friends was attempting to convince me that I needed to start a "Mountie Rock" blog. I was putting up medium opposition. It was not the first time this particular friend had made the suggestion. But minutes later I heard the below, YouTube official music video embedded, song.

The timing was perfect. Not to mention these guys have a near perfect band name for my "Mountie Rock" genre. The man behind this music is Daniel Snaith, who's previous music effort was called Manitoba (Canadian, eh?). You can hear more of their music on their MySpace page (www.myspace.com/cariboumanitoba) or their official website (www.caribou.fm).

"Odessa" is the first track off the album Swim. (Available on Amazon mp3 download for $6.99)

2 comments:

VCK said...

This is a fantastic track. I was never a huge fan of Caribou - Melody Day was pretty good but it was not something I would just put on because I hadn't heard it in a while. This track, however, has transcended this boundary in a big way.

TQ said...

I'm very happy that the first person to comment on this blog was a Canadian!

Search This Blog