Monday, May 24, 2010

Crystal Castles - "Celestica" (album: II)

Pardon me for the lack of recent posting.
I've been busying living (rather, working).
Regardless, I've also been debating with which band I wanted to post next. Truth is, today's submission is quite a stretch to be considered for "Rock."

But nonetheless, Crystal Castles is in fact "indie" and they are most certainly Canadian (Ontario to be more precise). More importantly, this is my blog - and I want to share the below song.

Crystal Castles' self titled debut (notice their new album has a title of "II") was okay at best. It's a little too epileptic clubby for yours truly but I dug their song "Courtship Dating" and is still in heavy iPod rotation. Although, I have been known to overrate anything involving that word choice, since I personally have a stong affinity for that word.

Last night, while watching the Lost festivities, There was an incredibly short teaser commercial for Crystal Castles (It only aired twice, during the JKL Aloha to Lost special). The commerical worked, for me at least, and I ran over to both their official website (www.crystalcastles.com) and Myspace (www.myspace.com/crystalcastles). As soon as I saw that this duo was Canadian I was dead set on the decision on the topic of my first post in over a week.

The below track has been on near repeat ever since. (In my true fashion of trying to run songs into the ground). Bonus note, this duo will be in Chicago on August 13th playing the Congress Theater. It's very unlikely I will attend, I usually don't even bother asking if anybody music this dancey trippy poppy. This album is priced at just under $8 on Amazon.

No comments:

Search This Blog