Friday, May 14, 2010

Land of Talk - "It's Okay" (album: Some Are Lakes)

October 9, 2008 was a a huge night for me and my love affair with Mountie Rock. It was the first time I saw the band I mentioned in my last post, Broken Social Scene, for the first time live in concert.

The opening band that evening was Land of Talk. A band that actually had a song profiled not too shortly prior on the consistently wonderful NPR's All Songs Considered. This is yet another Canadian band with a woman up front. Lizzy Powell is a treasure.

It's an awesomely great experience to have a band put on a performance that makes you download their album the moment you get home. That's what happened with Land of Talk. Their album, Some are Lakes, was a really nice discovery for yours truly.

By the way, I'm really happy for the few people that have chosen to "follow" me thus far. Seriously, it's making this new effort real easy. So by now you know how I like to end these posts. The following are links to Land of Talk's official MySpace page (www.myspace.com/landoftalk) and website (www.landoftalk.com).

No comments:

Search This Blog