Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dragonette - "Our Summer" (CONCERT REVIEW)

I was wrong.
In my last post, I mentioned that my first "Mountie Rock" concert review will be in October.
The statement was already in jeopardy once I saw the upcoming Land of Talk concert at Lincoln Hall (only $12!).

Blog foreshadowing: Land of Talk's new album comes out later this month, so expect a review and concert plea shortly.

Land of Talk is a band that I've mentioned here before, a band who's discovery was a pleasant surprise when they were scheduled as an opening act for someone else.

Such is the case with Dragonette. Someone who I learned, after the fact, is from Canada. Although her style is much more Dance (or Pop) than Rock - I still want to share a song that brought the house down last Friday night.

The house was Metro. The reason why I was there was to see Cut Copy: an act from a genre I call "Great Barrier Beats." For many reasons I won't be starting a blog based on that type of music.

Dragonette made a quick fan of me. She had boundless energy and got the crowd, that I will admit was willing to dance crazy to elevator music at that point, exactly where we wanted to go. Near the end of her set she sung the song "Our Summer" that sent the entire set into another strata of funness that was sustained until her fistpumping self left the stage. The time the song was performed (pushing Midnight Chicago time) and date (first weekend in August) couldn't have been better suited for the track.

2 comments:

Noodles and Waffles said...

Great song. Just what I was looking for...

TQ said...

Thank you for the kind comment. The other half of this show was reviewed on my other blog (http://todaysquiz.blogspot.com/2010/08/did-your-postapalooza-dreams-come-true.html)

Search This Blog