Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Land of Talk - "Quarry Hymns" (album: Cloak and Cipher)


At about the 4:30 mark of this video, a kid wanders along wearing a Montreal Canadians T-Shirt! (A nice hockey touch for this Mountie Rock track)

Land of Talk's second album, Cloak and Cipher, is now on sale (for under $6 on Amazon). In an even better bargain, they are coming back to Chicago on September 21 (for under $15 at Lincoln Hall).

I was eagerly anticipating this album. To the extent that I kept periodically hitting refresh on that Amazon page late last night - waiting for the MP3 download to be available for purchase. Thankfully I was able to get it downloaded, and transferred over to my iPod in time for the new workday.

After listening to this new album first thing this morning, and listening to their first effort (Some Are Lakes) for the countless time in the afternoon, I came home and bought tickets to see them next month.

I have no clue how popular this band is. Who knows if the smallish Lincoln Hall will sell out or not? They were here last in December - playing either the Bottom Lounge or Empty Bottle. I chose a different route that evening. It's not relavent to Mountie Rock what that other choice was, but needless to say I'll be gladly attempting to right a wrong on September 21 when I see them again.

One last question: Would anybody care to join me?

No comments:

Search This Blog