Saturday, October 23, 2010

Broken Social Scene - A better concert review from another

Earlier this month was the second time I've ever driven to another State for a concert. Broken Social Scene in Wisconsin is now on the list that used to just consist of Radiohead in Indiana (2008).

I'm yielding the floor to Dan Oberbruner's review... I'm no good at concert blogging. I'm there in the moment, not to detail it later for others.

However, there was one cool moment I've never seen before at a concert that I want to share:
At the end of the last song BSS played, all walked off the stage except Kevin Drew. It was sincerely awesome that Drew wasn't going to partake in the charade of If you cheer loud enough we'll come back out for an encore. He stood up there alone, publicly catching his breath and wasting no time as soon as his bandmates quickly joined him back on stage.

I've already heard rumors that Broken Social Scene will perform again at Lollapalooza next year after not being there this year. If that happens I think I will have no other choice but to finally attend that horde in Grant Park.

(That picture is from yours truly without zoom on my iPhone - I didn't think I would've gotten that close to the stage!)

No comments:

Search This Blog